A short little post since I noticed something important in the documentation and in my test environment as well.
I had a use-case where an entity definition needed to have a link to M.UserProfile.
Initially my relation set M.UserProfile as a child of my custom entitiy definition.
However, this resulted in pages with the Search component where I did not see this relation.
Then I remembered my previous blog post where I had to set the Taxonomy-enabled definition on an entity definition, also because I did not see any results on my custom pages.
So I changed this as well for M.UserProfile. However it did not result in seeing the userprofiles on my custom pages.
But then I read the discription on the documentation page. Turns out my relation was not created properly!
M.UserProfile should not be a child of my entity but the other way around.
Indicates that entities of this definition are taxonomy items, which can be used in a search facet. The definition used for the facet must be a parent of the searchable definition. For example, M.AssetType must be a parent of M.Assets for the asset type facet to appear on the asset details page.
I changed it and now I have the userprofiles visible in my Search components and Facet filtering.